If the Floors are creaking,... DON'T go Peeking! Card


Hello my crafty peeps!

Hope that this spooky card puts you in the mood to create some fun eerie items with @thiscallsfor_confetti recent release.  Find it here:  https://www.thiscallsforconfetti.com/new 



 This card was created by taking the What Lies Beneath? metal craft die set and die cutting it several times out of black cardstock.  I used the extra layers to build up the base; so I could make it into a shaker card.
There are at least seven layers of the foundation die.  Before I attached the top layer, I put some acetate in and glued it on.  
Next, I die cut the Wicked Webs spider webs die; I cut the base out of purple and the web out of white cardstock(s). 
At the same time, I die cut the spiders from lime green cardstock and the crowbar from white cardstock.

See the details of the wood grain embossing?


When you die cut the What Lies Beneath? dies, 

it embosses the lines for the wood planks and this results in 

really superior detail.  I really like the wood grain lines in the planks.



This photo also show the details of the embossing and the shaker mix peeking thru the floorboards.

After the acetate dried on the foundation die, I adhered several floorboards atop the foundation and started gluing the green spiders to the shaker base/ top of card.  I wanted the spooky spiders to be peeking thru the floorboards to give off a most eerie effect.
Finally, I put the Creepy Crawlers shaker bits on the inside of the base 
and glued down the top. 


inside sentiment die cut from the BOO! Paper Pad

While the glue was drying on the shaker portion of the card;
 I put together the bauble portion and glued the spider to it.  
I also die cut the Happy Happy Halloween sentiment from 
the BOO! paper pad and glued it together. 

Lastly, I attached the shaker to the gray card base and added the spider bauble to the spider web.  Stamped the sentiment, coated it in white embossing powder, heat set it, and also glued it to the card along.  See the bauble in action below:

Isn't that so creepy fun!?!!! 

Deciding that the floorboards needed more spiders, I added several more from the mix to the top to 'creep' out the recipient.
I decided to put some gray distress ink on the crowbar and wedged it in on the spider web.


Hope this has helped 'CREEP' you out and inspired you to haunt your craftroom till you have spooked yourself to death!

Crafty hugs, xo LIZARD xo

Comments

Popular Posts