JUST BECAUSE


Hello Crafy Peeps!  Just popping on by to share with you, SEVERAL of the new release items from the This Calls For Confetti (TCFC) store!

Lisa, the owner of TCFC, has created a brand new line named for her wonderful mom:  Alice's Story.  
This line is a beautiful tribute to Alice, her legacy, countless memories, & how Lisa is sharing a bit of 'Alice' with all of us in the crafting world.

My card features Alice's Story - Honeysuckle Clear Stamp and coordinating dies.  The Elongated Ovals die is the backdrop for the card.



I took some black Strathmore mixed media paper and applied various alcohol inks to it, but they did not show thru as much as I wanted.  
Big bummer.  So next I applied several metallic watercolor 
hues to the paper and got a lovely variation of hues.  
Also I added a lot of gold from the Kuretake-Starry Colors.

Once the paper was dry, I took the Honeysuckle dies 
and cut out several pieces of the flowers and the jug.  
I had enough metallic hued paper left over, so I ran that thru 
the die cutting machine with TCFC new A2 sized die, 
named Elongated Ovals; and made that piece the base of the card.


I used one of the leftover ovals to stamp the sentiment in Versamark 
ink in the middle of the oval; sprinkled gold embossing powder 
upon it, heated it, and trimmed it down in the 
Elongated Ovals die, to make it a bit smaller 
and to compliment the design.
I ended up adding a die cut heart by the 
sentiment, well just because it seemed like it should be there!
Finally, I popped several of  the florals/jug up on 
the three dimensional foam dots that TCFC has in their store.


Here it is again:


This last photo does not show the heart, but it does show the wonderful hues that were achieved in the card. :) Most beautiful I would say.

Hope this post inspired you to go on forth and make something crafty!  
Have a wonderful day my crafty peeps, and thanks for popping on by!
Crafty hugs, Love, LIZARD xo





 

Comments

Popular Posts