CAVEMAN ZOG - Uggs and Kisses

 CAVEMAN LOVE


Hello Peeps!  Happy Sunday and Happy February to y'all!

This is just a short post today, but I wanted to share this one layer card I made with the Caveman Zog clear stamp set.

Here it is:



First, I stamped Zog, then I masked him out, using Inkadinkado - Stamping Mask Paper and placed the volcano behind him. Then I stamped the additional rocks and greenery by his feet.
Second, I used a Copic multiliner .03 pen to finish off the landscape and create some hills and valleys.


You can see a close up of the greenery and the rocks in the photo above.

Thirdly, I colored in my one layer scene with my Copic markers.  I used a lot of earth tones for the ground; cool blues for the sky, vibrant reds for the hearts, and some yellow for the animal hide covering Zog.  Greens and cool grays rounded out my color palette for the card.
Originally I was going to do a slimeline version of this card, but I trimmed it down to a mini slimline because my scene image on paper did not match what I had envisioned.  Plus it seemed too long; hence the mini slimline card!  Also, I got to double mat the card, so it worked out well.

Fourth, I embossed the sentiment by first applying my anti static powder tool to the card front, stamped in black ink, cleaned the sentiment and stamped it in Versamark embossing ink, and sprinkled the powder atop to get the embossed sentiment. I heated it from the back to get the powder to melt.

Lastly, I did stamp out the hearts again onto some red cardstock in my stash, and hand cut them out to layer up the hearts for some added depth and interst.  I placed a few Nuvo drops atop the hearts and the card is done!

Thanks for popping on by today to visit Caveman Zog and me!  I am going to give this card to my caveman, he is a Marine in the USMC, so it is kinda like he is a caveman!  Ha ha!

Cheers and Crafty hugs!
xoxo LIZARD xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts