Sprinkled with Lots of Love!

 Sprinkled with Lots of Love 

Here it is, the beginning of a new year, Happy 2021 folks.  I hope that this day, and all that follow, find you in a cheery mood!
My card today features several @LawnFawn items and here it is:


I started off by using the Crafter's Workshop brick stencil to create my purple brick portion of my kitchen.  I used my wilted violet Distress Ink mini cube with my blending brush and got a purple wash down; then I used the stencil to darken the brick.  
I created my cabinet with some scrap pieces of cardstock and darkened it up with some light brown distress ink.  (Sorry, I cannot remember exactly which one I used but just pick your color and use a small amount as it goes a long way when blending.)

I stamped all of my images onto Neenah #80 cardstock and then I Copic colored them in.  I used BGs for the stove, bowl, and smaller cake stand.  The greens for the mixer and the larger cake stand.  A lot of earth tones for the spoon, rolling pin, cookies, eggs, flour, and frosting.  And reds for the cookies, apron, and oven mitts.  I put a complimentary purple plate under the cookies to tie in the purple color again.



The mice were colored with the neutral grays and I gave them little pink cheeks and inside their ears.
I glued all my images down atop the purple brick backdrop and used some brown cardstock for the counter.  The gray knobs for the counter handles were just some leftover circles I colored in with a gray Copic marker.
I don't have the coordinating dies for these stamp sets yet, so I fussy cut them all out with my cutter bee scissors.  Whew, were my hands tired! ;)



Since this is a busy scene in the kitchen, I did not pop up a lot of the items with foam tape.  I did put several glue dots behind the bowl of heart cookies and the mouse sprinkling the cookies for added depth.

I put glossy accents on the bowl, silver part of the mixer, the eggs, the frosting on the dark chocolate cake and the shaker the little mouse is using.
Stickles were put on the cookies and the larger cupcake.

I embossed my sentiment by using the Memento black ink and black embossing powder.  I generously sprinkled the anti static powder down before I embossed onto my brick background!
Here is a peek of the inside of the card:


Thanks for popping on by today.  If you missed this on my IG account, here it is:  instagram.com/p/CJ9T35fpFIR/




 I plan to send this card to my mom!  She is not much of a baker now, but I think she will really like it and it will bring back fond memories!

Cheers and Crafty hugs!
xo LIZARD xo










Comments

Popular Posts