BOO Mini Treat Boxes

 BOO!  Mini Treat Boxes


SO... the traditions of Halloween are numerous and vast.  In recent years, it has been our experience, once the month of October arrives, that no matter where we are living, (except when we lived in Okinawa) we will be "BOO'd"!

I decided to use some of my stamps and my mini treat box die to create some BOO boxes to give to the kids in the 'hood.

Here are the finished boxes:


I began by die cutting out the mini treat box  several times from Bristol cardstock.  I also used a die cut of some regular cardstock and I recommend the Bristol because the inks blend better and the box is sturdier.  Especially if you are gonna splash water onto it or emboss upon the treat box.

I used a mix of Seedless preserves, dried marigold, Victorian velvet, twisted citron, peeled paint, and frayed burlap.  I simply just did what looked eye pleasing and Halloween-y in color.
Next, I splashed some water and different kuretake gansai tambi starry watercolors onto the paper.  While I waited for the box templates to dry, I stamped a variety of Halloween creatures onto various cardstock scraps in Memento ink and colored them in with my Copic markers.

 
I chose images from the following stamp sets:

Zombie boy-all the zombies, the eyeball, and a few of the sentiments
Going Batty-all four images and several sentiments

Copics used:
zombie boys: B00, BG0000, BG70 on the one with green bibs
darker zombies: N7, N5, N2, N1
overalls: green bibs: G09 and blender / blue bibs: B00 & BG70 / purple bibs: BV08, V17, & blender
orange shirt: YR14, YR04, and blender
purple shirt: BV08, BV11, and blender
green shirt: YG0000 & YG23
some of the bats have a W6-W1 and some have a BV11 base and I only go up to W4.   
Pumpkins: R29, R21, R08, R05, YR00, YR04 (not necessarily in order) and some N1 for shading. 
leaves are G09 & G99; 
stem E47 & E18
wing of bat bottle: G09, YG23, YG0000, & top layer in BG23
white gel pen accents all over!

The sentiments were stamped in Distress inks and then clear embossed.  Some I matted and some I just glued directly on to the box.  I used Art Glitter glue to glue the boxes together and to affix the images to the box.
The ribbons were from my stash and I just wrapped the treats up after placing in mini dark chocolate Reese's peanut butter cups and mini Hershey chocolate variety bars.  I got six candies in each box!
Won't you be my neighbor?!
Thanks for popping on by!
Cheers and crafty hugs! xo LIZARD








 





Comments

Popular Posts