I couldn't RIP without wishing you a memorable Halloween!

 Hello crafty peeps!  

I am coming at you again with another Halloween card that I created with some Whimsy Stamps products!

This set is new, and it is called the Sugar Skulls Clear Stamps and it was released this past August at Whimsy and it was designed by Deb Davis!  

Deb does amazing work and if you have not been introduced to her prior; please click on this link and check her out blog at http://www.amped2stamp.com/ !

I promise you will not be disappointed!  I know I never am. :)

I colored in both the sugar skull within the Day of the Dead Frame Rubber Cling Stamp 
 (also designed by Deb Davis)  and the frame with my Faber Castell pencils.  
Within the frame and surrounding area, I used my Copic markers (the purple areas) to add to the background areas.  I used darker purples toward the bottom and then kind of faded it towards the top.  
Then I used the Whimsy Stamps Inlaid Bubbles Die Set to die cut the image into a rounded corner square and matted it onto some dark purple card stock from my stash.  I think that card stock was from over 15 years ago.  I was just waiting for the right moment to utilize it, and this was it!  Good thing I am a saver!  HA, ha, HA!!!

Next, I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the 

Grim Reaper Clear Stamps set.  I used the  EK success embossing tool to make sure that no powder stuck where it shouldn't and stamped it in a orange Distress Ink.  (Sorry, I don't remember which specific color it was!  I blame old age ;))  Then I sprinkled clear embossing powder upon it and heat set it.


Finally, I die die cut the Happy Halloween Word Die Set from a lime green, orange print, and white card stock(s).  I colored the white 'Halloween' word in with a dark purple Copic marker.  Then I layered them one on top of each other and then glued the trio to the bottom of the card.
 

I mounted the above rounded square onto a piece from the 
6x6 Paper Pack - Sugar Skulls  and attached it to an A2 horizontal card base.  There is also a piece of paper under the card - shown just for variety ;).

La tarjeta está terminada!~
The card is finished!

I hope you enjoyed my post today, or I should say my back post!  (This was originally posted to my IG account {@lizzardsbf} on 12 Sept 2020.)

Thanks for stopping by & crafty hugs to you!  LIZARD 
  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts