'Alice's Story - Honeysuckle' ~~~ A New Release from This Calls For Confetti


Welcome to the First-Ever This Calls For Confetti Instagram Hop!
Today we are celebrating: 
 
The Alice's Story Collection 
which is a tribute to owner Lisa's extraordinary mother.  
Lisa plans to continually expand/chronicle Alice's Story throughout future releases as she shares cherished memories.  There are many more beautiful memories yet to unveil!
Today the focus is on the 'Honeysuckle' stamp set.  If you want to know more about this captivating collection, I invite you to go to This Calls For Confetti website to read through the heartfelt blog post that narrates how this concept took shape. 



Here is my IG post:



First off, I stamped the honeysuckle flowers and stems with Versamark clear embossing ink, then sprinkled clear embossing powder on atop the images, and heat set them.
Secondly, I started to ink up my panel.  I usedthe following Distress inks:

  • mowed lawn
  • evergreen bough
  • cracked pistachio
  • lucky clover
  • salvaged patina
  • scattered straw
  • mustard seed

  • shaded lilac




When I was happy with the results, 
I trimmed down the panel, & splattered Kuretake 'Starry Colors' 
upon the panel.  Just the white and the mid gold hue(s).  

Next, I sprinkled some watered down 
Dr. Ph. Martin's Hydrus on the panel, 
& lastly splayed Cosmic Shimmer
(from set 5 - greens and purples)
on the panel.



 After the focal panel dried, I matted it onto some light yellow cardstock from my stash and then matted that piece on the purple-ish card base.
I stamped the Mother's Day sentiment from the Honeysuckle stamp set in lilac, covered it with clear embossing powder, heat set it, and die-cut it with a smaller die from the Happy Layering die set.
Second to last step was to die cut the word 'Happy' from
1) yellow card stock and from 
2) a sheet of the FA LA LA 
and then gluing them down atop the card and the other sentiment.



My final addition to the card was placing the following sequins on top of the card:
Nancy Loves the Beach
Galaxy Sequin Confetti Mix
Iridescent Dew Drops by using the jeweled pick tool.




So there you go!  One Happy Mother's Day card.  
My explicit details really make it sound harder than it was.  
The longest part of the card creation was the distress inking.  
I did do several layers to bring out the bright hues.
Hope you enjoyed this and do go to the IG and hop along with all of our creators to try to win the prize pack of all the new release items.
Additionally, go to the website and do some shopping!
Cheers crafty peeps.
xo The Crafty Lizard ox











Comments

Popular Posts