Merry Christmas Flippin' Awesome Christmas Card

Merry Christmas


Good morning peeps!  Hope your preparations for Christmas 
are coming along nicely.  
I created a card here, with the Lawn Fawn flippin' awesome 
die and some fun winter critters.  Here it is:

I diecut the base (the scalloped portion) of the card 
(with the flippin' awesome add on die) and 
the flip portion both with some regular 80# cardstock.
I die cut the green panels with the square insert, using papers from 
my stash and the scalloped portion 
from the lawn fawn snowy day remix paper.
Then I stamped the various images and colored them in 
with my copic markers.
First flip:

Second flip:

Third flip:

Fourth flip:

I added the snowflake border atop the two silver sparkle 
stripes I had placed under the scalloped portion of the 
flipping mechanism.  The silver sparkle strips were 
fun but it still needed a little something, something; 
so the snowflakes seemed to work.
Lastly, I added a border atop the card that I had embossed with silver 
embossing powder and mounted atop some more of the silver sparkle paper.  
That under banner, I had to extend it a bit.  
To do this, just run half of the banner through the die cut machine, 
and then move the die to the side (you did not just cut) 
so it is the length that you want it, and now die cut the opposite side. 
 
Be careful when doing this because the die can slip and 
give your banner a wonky shape.  Mine did and that is why I set 
it at an angle so the reciever of this card might not 
see that it is not compeletely straight.  
Opps, but that adds to the homemade goodness of the card, right?!!! ;) 

Here is a peek at the inside of the card:



Thanks for popping over and checking out my post.  
If you go here to my IG page https://www.instagram.com/p/CIeiBJIpCei/
you can see it in action if you swipe thru the pics.  I had my son do the pull tab while i filmed him.  :)     
Cheers and Crafty hugs, LIZARD OXOXO











 

Comments

Popular Posts