Have A Really Cool Christmas

 Have a really cool Christmas!


Hello Peeps!  I hope all goes well today with you and yours!  
Are you staying warm and safe? 
I am, it is almost freezing temps here in VA and 
my son is hoping for snow.  Unfortunately for him, 
he is not gonna get a snow day since he is homeschooled!


Today, on my card I used the lift the flap backdrop 
trees and the flippin' awesome die.
Here it is:

Here is how I made the card:
1.) die cut the flippin' base die out of 80# Neenah card stock.
2.) cut the blue sweater pattern paper out using the square panel and 
adhere it to each of the four sections. 
Also cut the red dotted paper using the scalloped panel and 
attach atop the square.
3.)  using the scalloped panel, die cut the 'snow' using the pearlescent vellum. I spread some glue on the back using my finger so it would not show thru the vellum.  
4.) stamp, color, and cut your choice of critters. I used Copic markers to color in mine and I fussy cut them out.

First panel:



5.) I had a leftover lift the flap tree backdrop laying 
around so I used the scalloped panels to trim 
them down and add to the front of the panel 
for the critters to pop out of. 

Second panel:


6.) After gluing down the panels I decided that I did not 
want the 'autumn' paper facing panel to look or appear 
across from my winter images so I covered two of the 
backs of the square panels with some more holly 
type paper scraps from the snowy day remix 6x6 paper pack.

Third panel:

(If you look in the third panel, you can see on the left side, the colors are a bit more 'autumn' in color; this is the one panel I did not recover.)
Fourth panel:

This is a cute little deer just hoping for a snack hiding in the tree stump!  I am sure he will be pleased. ;)

The sentiments were heat embossed onto the pearlescent vellum using some distress ink and clear embossing powder.  I stamped the sentiment several times to get it to compliment the red knit picky paper used on the back portion of the flippin' part.

I used some portion of wood on each panel to give it consistency and to make the card flow better.  

Thanks for popping on by today.
Crafty hugs and cheers!
xo LIZARDxo

















Comments

Popular Posts