Happy Harvest

 Happy Harvest!

Hello peeps, it has been about a cool month of a minute since I posted anything over here in blog land!  I have been posting on the IG and hopefully you have seen some of the ditties, and if not, check this out!

Here is my latest creation:

This is a card I created using the following Lawn Fawn items:
I also used Copic markers, distress inks, 
and a black & a white gel pen for the details.

The windy backdrop I had originally die cut with my die machine from some watercolor paper and used the oxides to create a background.  
I found it too dark, so I turned over the paper, and used the regular distress inks to create my panel.


Lucky clover at the base (which ended up being covered by the hills), then building up to the top I added cracked pistachio, shaded lilac, and finally peacock feathers at the top.


I had arranged my flowers and stalks on the base, and then decided the best way to keep them looking the way I wanted, 
was to use the press n seal trick that 
Jennifer McGuire has shared in her videos.  


I pressed the wrap atop my flowers and then flipped 
them over and added the glue; then repressed the wrap to my 
card base and viola!  All of them were glued down in 
the same way I had arranged it in the first place! 



Pure magic.  Not really, but it was fun to see.  
Kind of like when you mask an image and then 
lift up the mask after adding the ink or paste, etc.

Then I realized I needed a hill or two, 
so I die cut them from the slimline border dies 
and trimmed them down to fit my card.  
I used foam tape on the hill under the wagon only.

Lastly, I added the scarecrow, the wagon, and then 
embossed sentiment.
Just so you know, I added distress inks to the 
stalks, and the hills too for added depth.  

I also varied the stalk colors of the sunflowers for more interest.
The white gel pen was used to add highlights 
and the black was used in the centers of the 
sunflowers and on the handle and wheels of the 
wagon and the scarecrow's eyes.


On the inside of the card, I arranged this little scene and stamped in the lucky clover, the peacock feathers, and the carved pumpkin distress inks.

Here is the card again:


Thanks for popping on by!  If you wouldn't mind leaving me a comment, 
I sure would appreciate it!  Feel free to subscribe to my blog too, 
I don't post very often so I won't flood your inbox with junk 
or gross stuff.  :)  Only pure crafty goodness every 
once in awhile!
Cheers & Crafty hugs!!!
xo LIZARD xo










Comments

Popular Posts