Happy Halloween - Get down and BOOgie!

 Let's BOOgie!


I'm back!  With another fun Halloween card that I created with @summorefunstamps products!  Here is my dance, dance, dance party:


First, I stamped the mummy and the coffin; and in fact I stamped four of these images at once, for a variety of scene creations.  I used my Tonic platform to stamp them and just rotated the cardstock a turn and got four images on one sheet.  I had to get creative when cutting them apart; but that is a story for another time.  As in, for when you need some boring details to fall asleep! HA!
I colored in the coffin and mummy with Copics.  I added the party table with the punch later on, but those were colored with Copics too.

Coffin:  V99, BV29, BV25, BV23
Mummy:  W5, W4, W3, W2, W1, W00
Skin: E000
Tablecloth: G09, YG23, and blender
Punch and punchbowl: YR04 , blender/0,and B00
Balloons and streamers: V17, BV11

The distressed edge nesting dies were used to cut out the tops and bottoms of the mummy portion; the striped panel, sentiments, and orange cardstock.  Seedless preserves distress ink was used on the edge of the striped panel to coordinate with the purple base it was laid upon.  Plus, I adore purple!


After assembling the card, I realized that there was too much open space to the right of the mummy; and that is when I added the table, disco ball, and such.  Since I had popped up the mummy portion with foam dots, the table slid on in behind the mummy a bit and looked just perfect to me.  Hopefully you think so too!
I used embossing ink to stamp the disco ball and some sparkle black Nuvo embossing powder to try to recreate a sparkly disco ball with the mirrors.  That orange cardstock is slick, and would not allow me to color on it, although I did give it a whirl.  To no avail though, but luckily the embossing powder worked.    I put some white gel pen around the ball to try to give off the effect of it spinning!  Hopefully it won't spin and hit the bat!

Lastly, I used the white gel pen to give the elements some added depth.  I struggle with that step sometimes.  I don't know if it is my pen, or my technique, but I feel like I have trouble with it and sometimes wish I had not added it to colorings after I had.  Ah well, it is a work in progress.  Practice makes for more better right!?!!!
Again here is the finished card:

Thanks for dropping on by to BOOgie with me!  Cheers and crafty hugs to you! xo LIZARD 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts