Zoom Challenge Crafting

Yesterday evening, I participated in a Zoom with some lovely crafty ladies and we were challenged to use the following guidelines in our crafty Zoom:

Theme:  critters

Medium:  Watercolors

Color Palette:  pink, purple, and light green


This is what I came up with:




I have to admit, that I would have felt better using one or two of the criteria, but it was a titch hard with all three.  I think for me, it was harder because I have Halloween on the brain!  HA!  Zombies would have been perfect in that case!  But I digress.

I used the Tweet Spring Birds from Your Next Stamp as my focal point for this card.  I wanted to do a slimline card; as they are all the rage now!  I made a slight error in my panel setup, as I would have liked the entire top branch in the panel; but one works with one has when one messes up.

I used some Altenew water colors on the background and was not satisfied with the result, so I added some Tonic Nuvo Shimmer Powder to get a bit more green into the panel.

I colored the birds with some light green Copic markers, some pinks (RV colors), and lastly, some purples as well.  The flowers on the branches were done in several shades of pinkish RVs and Greens.  The ladybug was colored in two shades of red.


Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in a purple distress ink and matted it onto the card base with some pinks and purples as my background colors.  For some sparkle, I put some iridescent triangles atop the card and some teal-ish enamel dots (both were fr my crafty stash).

It was fun to ZOOM (I'm gonna zoom, zoom, zoom--a-zoom...anybody from the 70's viewing this and remember this PBS song...?!;) with some crafty ladies and I want to thanks Hannah for setting this up.

Crafty hugs to all my peeps!  Thanks for popping by today!
Cheers and blessings, LIZARD





Comments

  1. Love it Liz :) Those little birds are sooo cute! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts