If Friends were flowers...  I'd pick you!

Hello there crafty peeps; I realize I need to start my posts a bit more creatively!  (Ah, blogging in progress, as I try to improve, work with me and thanks for allowing me to repeat myself!)

I have another card to share with you today.  I created this for the Trinity Stamps September Crafty Troop Challenge {#craftytroopchallenge}.  The theme this month, is friendship.  I used some older items and some newer ones!

Here is my finished card:


If I had to pick a favorite stamp ever, it would be Bouquet of Hope!  This Trinity stamp is just my all time fav and I have made several cards out of this design over the years.  I just cannot help myself; it just has everything and is ideal if you ask me!


I stamped my image onto some Neenah 80# cardstock with Memento black ink. I quickly cleaned my stamp and left it in my stamping platform. I did a light wash or coloring of Copic colors on the image; I did this because I knew I was going to color over the Copics with my Prismacolor pencils.  After applying the markers, I inked up the clear stamp with embossing ink, and re-stamped my image several times with the clear embossing ink.  I then sprinkled clear embossing powder atop it and heat set it.



Then I re-colored the image with the following combinations:

Copic Markers Used:
V22 on the dress
V91 for the flowers
G82 for stems and leaves
E93, E50, and V00 for the skin 
Y08 for the flower centers
BV34 was used on the eight flowers that were stamped and diecut out and placed randomly around the image & I did not add any pencils to them.

Prismacolor Pencil List:
PC956, PC1008, & PC932 for the bouquet of flowers and the dress 
PC916, PC989, and see above--for the flower centers/stems/leaves 
PC992 and PC905 for the background
PC927 and PC956 for the skin
I blended in the background with a blending stump and some Gamsol that I put in a small glass jar, along with a cotton ball.


I realized that my image would not fully fill the slimline die I was using; so I creatively decided to use the Great Outdoors Borders and Builders die to fill in the empty space in the Foilage Frame slimeline die. I diecut a portion of the fence from white cardstock and a green hill.  I also cut the foilage frame from a brighter teal cardstock and added the border/leaves in at the top and bottom of the main frame.  I put all this onto a white card panel and then onto a purple slimline card base.


I feel like when I hold this card in my hand, it is as if one is looking or peeking through the arbor of a garden and seeing their best friend picking flowers, for none other than yourself!  What a great sneak peek of a surprise.  :)

I decided to add some more loose flowers from the set and I stamped them in wilted violet distress ink & die cut them out. They were placed atop the card, along with some bling, and the sentiment that I had embossed onto black cardstock in white embossing powder.



I hope you enjoyed this peek into my garden!  I would pick you if friends were flowers!  Crafty hugs, LIZARD




Comments

Popular Posts