Dia de Muertos Card

 

Hello my crafty peeps!  Today I am sharing with you a card I made with the following Whimsy Stamps products:

Sugar Skulls clear stamps
Day of the Dead Frame rubber cling stamp
Sugar Skulls Designer Paper 6 x 6 pack 



I stamped the frame in Memento tuxedo black ink and inside the frame stamped the candles and the roses.

I colored in the entire image with my Faber-Castell pencils.  
[I have the 24 pencil set of the polychromos.]  
Next, I fussy cut out the frame and carefully used a C8 Copic marker around the edge to darken it so it would contrast nicely against the various paper backgrounds.


I selected a purple print from the Sugar Skulls paper pack, glued it to an A2 card base, and trimmed off the edges.  Then I die cut two circles in various sizes.  However, prior to die cutting the circles; I placed some embossing ink upon some Neenah 80 lb paper and embossed several layers of the Wow Lime Rickey powder on the paper.  I heat set it and repeated till it was nice and lime shiny!  I also die cut a black circle; and then placed them together and glued them down.


I wanted the circles to look kinda like an eyeball.  My odd version of it I suppose.  I had a scrap of the sugar skull paper that was black and white striped so I placed that on the card base,  just under my 'eyeball' before popping up the frame with some Scotch 3M foam tape.  


Next I proceeded to glue the bling on.  I used the different colors of the purples and the red crystals and some lime green sequins from Divinity Designs.  The crystals were in my stash and I think I picked them up years ago at a craft store that has since gone out of business.

Then I stamped the sentiment with Twisted Citron Distress Ink onto Neenah 80 lb cardstock and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I used my Tonic Studios stamp platform for this process and inked up the sentiment several times till I got the color of green that I desired.
  I could not find the right place for the sentiment, and I hated to cover up the images upon the purple sugar skull paper.  There was a really cool sickle that ended up being hidden along with some funky green fingers... . Ah well, it could not be helped this time.  I ended up matting the sentiment with some scrap dark purple cardstock after cutting it apart/out, and placing it on the card with some more foam tape.
 



There you have it!  The finished product!  



Thanks for popping by today and checking out my post!  I appreciate your visit and feel free to leave me a comment!  
So nice to see you and have a wonderful crafty day!
Hugs, LIZARD

Comments

Popular Posts